The Sense of Movement Foundation mission focuses on unfolding the theoretical and practical knowledge of the body and movement and empowering it in the artistic, social and academic context.
The goal of Sense of Movement Foundation is to organise and support ventures involving development of reflection and empirical research in different fields of performance, body practices and education through movement and enhancing exchange between these fields of knowledge and everyday life.
Foundation aims to accomplish its goal by:
– support and development of experimental projects connecting knowledge from natural sciences with somatic and artistic practices – as methods fostering the understanding of human activities
– development of discourse on place and role of practices which recognise and give value to the nature of the body – from the perspective of the theoretician, artist and performer
– reaching towards environments in which knowledge from dance and performance field can be reexamined
– supporting projects and research in movement and the body on the local and international level
– supporting collaboration between different kinds of institutions and independent initiatives dedicated to art, education, social aid and interdisciplinary research.
– documentation of artistic processes by means of various media and methods.